Friday, January 25, 2013

Fan Mail from Australia

The day after a big show there's always a little bit of postpartum depression. All that work and effort, and then the ephemeral thing you hustled for so hard is done. Even when the show was particularly glorious, the day after is challenging...especially when it's a very late night followed by an early morning back at the day job. But getting a random bit of heartfelt fan mail from a listener on the other side of the globe is a wonderful antidote:

Hi Ellia....

I am now home in Australia, and am playing your beautiful music at full volume through our little home which looks over Sydney Harbour....

Every time I listen to your haunting voice, and equally haunting lyrics, I am taken back to a cosy seat in the library of Shakespeare & Co. on a grey old Paris day.

I just wanted you to know that your music inspires me, and reminds me of a time in my life where I was genuinely 'living'.

Thank you.

Love Hayley

No comments: